12 LOCAL SEO STRATEGIES TO DOMINATE LOCAL BUSINESS RANKING
The difference between traditional SEO and local SEO is that local SEO focuses your efforts on attracting customers near your physical location — and getting them through your door. Traditional SEO, on the other hand, boosts your visibility on a wider scale.
Google uses numerous factors when ranking local content, but it predominantly focuses on these three signals:
– Relevance: Does your business listing match the searcher’s intent?
– Distance: How close is your business to the searcher at the time of the search?
– Prominence: Is your business well–known both online and offline?
12 local SEO strategy tips to boost rankings and revenue:
1. Optimize your local listings and citations
2. Understand your local personas
3. Conduct local keyword research
4. Earn backlinks from local sources
5. Write in–depth, local content
6. Optimize your title tags and meta descriptions with local keywords
7. Include an internal linking structure for location pages
8. Update your website
9. Improve your UX
10. Post local content on social media
11. Earn reviews from happy customers
12. Track the results of your local SEO strategy
GOOGLE UPDATED THE RICH RESULTS GUIDELINES TO BETTER ALIGN WITH MERCHANT GUIDELINES
In true Google fashion, the search engine giant has now come up with an update for its rich results
guidelines. These updated guidelines are meant to better align rich results content with overall
Google merchant guidelines.
The new guidelines deny rich results for products that are widely prohibited and known to facilitate
harm in any way. For example, products that fall into categories like weapons, fireworks, recreational
drugs, tobacco, and gambling.
How does this affect your business?
If your business sells products that fall into any of the above-mentioned prohibited categories, this
update definitely applies to you. All you can do right now is remove the structured data markup from
your product pages, because Google will not show rich results for them.